9.10.2009

Alfredo Potatoes

I found this recipe in a small town newspaper while we were on vacation. I have yet to make it, but I am drooling just reading the recipe...so I thought it was blog worthy. Picture to come.

2 large baking potatoes
1 c. prepared Alfredo sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. dried thyme
1 c. (4oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Pierce potatoes several times, bake @ 400 for 45 min, or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, pepper & thyme. Stir in 1/2 c. cheddar & mozzarella cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp & add to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Place back in oven until warmed through & cheese is melted. Serves 4

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I just found your lovely blog and am looking forward to trying some of your recipes. What a great idea to use alfredo sauce in twice baked potatoes. I'm trying this for sure.

    Love your quote about asking kids what they want for dinner. I'll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete